A clear idea about podcast syndication can help understand the factors related to the successful syndication of podcasts. The crucial and majorly discussed factor is an RSS (Really Simple Syndication) feed, which, as the name suggests, simplifies the process of podcast syndication for the Podcast Production Agency.
What is Podcast syndication?
The task is often carried by a Podcast Production & Consulting Service agency through which a podcast show gets its new podcast productions (episodes) distributed to the destination platforms. It is similar to TV show production syndication. The Podcasts are broadcasted primarily in audio format for the listeners to stream online on the platforms. Often the podcasts are downloaded from the site of origin, and the rest of the time, the listeners use an aggregator to listen to their available favourite podcast production shows. A perfect example of this is one of the popular podcasts produced by Mabe Media, a leading podcast production agency.
What is a Podcast RSS feed?
A podcast RSS feed serves as the core in giving the listeners access to subscribe to the podcast. When a new episode is released, the listener/user doesn’t have to hunt for it in its site of origin. Instead, he will be automatically notified and redirected to it. The efficiency of the RSS feed increases the audience base remarkably!
The Magic of an RSS (Really Simple Syndication) Feed
An RSS feed powers podcast distribution. It is a URL that holds data about your programme and its episodes. Every time a new episode is released, this feed sends information to podcast directories. Podcast directories use the content of the feed to show your podcast material correctly.
The significant advantage of using an RSS feed is that you don’t have to update material on every site where your programme is syndicated. When you send an episode to your host, it will be featured in the RSS feed automatically. Podcast directories keep an eye on RSS feed consistency and publish fresh material as soon as available.
Importance of an RSS feed:
Without a doubt, it is the only method for others to see your stuff. A competent podcast syndication platform provided by a podcast production agency helps at every step of the technical intricacies of your production. Your podcast will not display on your website or any podcasting directories unless you have an RSS feed. It is the easiest and most practical way of distribution for everyone.
If you are a woman and want to start a podcast, hiring a Women Audio Podcasting Service is beneficial because they understand both the challenges and pitfalls. Podcast Production For Female Voices is becoming more niche and in-demand within the podcasting space. With this element of podcast production and a stable RSS feed, you are good to go!
The following five final tips serve as crucial finishing touches to your journey towards having your podcast. These small enlisted factors collaboratively create a significant impact.
Easiest ways to syndicate a podcast:
- Start submitting your show to the top podcast directories to have the biggest outreach, such as Apple Podcasts, Google Podcasts, Spotify, Sound Cloud, etc.
- Your show must be re-uploaded on YouTube. YouTube is a popular site for listening to audio material, even though it is not a music platform. YouTube accounts for 47% of all music streaming listening time worldwide. As a result, it’s an effective tool for podcast distribution.
- Try to have another website to publish your show. For example, if you have a colleague who runs a blog on a related topic, you might ask them to include your podcast media player in a few posts. This is a fantastic method to make use of someone else’s network.
- Another fantastic way to syndicate your work is to submit it to radio networks. Several radio stations broadcast episodes or segments of episodes.
- Last but not least is to join a podcast network. A podcast network is a set of podcasts that are all created, published, or made accessible to advertisers at the same time. Networks assist podcasters in monetizing and marketing their shows. Many networks make the content of their member programmes available on their websites and that of their partners.
Branded podcasts are a fantastic tool, but they won’t be the most widely distributed. Podcast Production for women is an excellent method to interact and develop your engagement with your current audience. The communal character of podcast listeners makes them much more likely to be ideal word-of-mouth spreaders. 3/5 podcast listeners say they have suggested a podcast or a product they learned about on a podcast. Mabemedia tries to maintain the fundamental nature of your podcast by syndicating it efficiently. Mabemedia, the best podcast production agency for women, also encourages female voices to enhance their career or business via podcast production.
Finding the right podcast production package gives you the edge you require and technically shapes the production value of your digital podcast for syndication.